2009-01-15

Febraury 14

It was a sunny afternoon. Sun seemed to be angry for some reason and was making everyone sweat like anything. But still, the air was filled with love everywhere. It was Feb 14th.

Two people were sitting in a very calm restaurant having a conversation. One seemed to be very excited to express everything and the other was highly confused.

"Do you know why we met today, that too in this calm restaurant?"
"Ya. Obviously to have lunch na?"
"Let me rephrase it. Do you know why we met today, on Feb 14th?"
"Oh, it's Feb 14th! I had forgotten it. Happy Valentine's day! So you're giving me a treat coz its Valentine's day??"
"Arey yaar. Haven't you ever realized that there's a very strong bond between us?"
"Ya I know we're really very good friends. There's really a very strong bond between us."
"No. I mean, we've a lot in common. Our tastes match, our interests match, our intentions are similar."
"Exactly. We really are the best of the friends."
"What I'm trying to say is, don't you think whats going on between us is something more than friendship? Something more precious?"
"I know its not just a friendship existing between us. I know you're more than a friend to me."
"Let me put it straight. The thing is, I can't help but realizing that I miss you wherever I go and I have very strong feelings towards you. I want to be with you only all the time and I enjoy it a lot when I talk to you. I smile just by reading a single message from you and whenever I am alone, I think about you. Let me sum it up..."
"But..."
"Wait. I'll finish it first. Whatever I told now, after summing it all up, I think that's what they call love. In that case, I really Love You a lot and lot. Do you love me?"
"Oh. That's why we met today? Stop this and be more practical. Whatever exists between us is just a friendship. Its just an infatuation. Think seriously and again, be more practical!"
"Please don't neglect it just like that. Listen to me and think about it seriously just once at least. I really love you and I have never felt about any other person in my entire life. Just the thought of spending my entire life with you makes me excited. Its practical also. Simply don't give such replies. Do think about what I have said seriously. I Love You!"
"How can i believe you? I am confused now. Its impossible. We're just friends."
"No. Please. I can do anything to prove that I love you. My feelings are really strong and unique. I want to spend my entire life only with you. You know how boring I was before. But now a days, haven't you realized that I'll be always smiling and even blushing whenever I'm with you?"
"Those are all filmy dialogues. Will do anything, blah blah.."
"But I mean it. You don't believe it? Then let me write some lines on you right here, right now. Wait...
A treasure worth more than a fortune lies
in your most beautiful, gorgeous eyes..
I even forgot to take my breath for a while
when I was lost somewhere, looking at your smile..
And.."
"That's enough. Do you really mean it all?"
"To the core. I just can't live without you."
"Assume that I too love you. But it's impossible practically. I'm from a very orthodox family. It's not at all possible to convince them if I'm in love. That too between us, just forget it."
"We'll try to convince them. Its up to us to take decisions regarding us since they won't be leading our life na. They can't change the fact that we love each other.."
"..I haven't yet told you tha.."
"And if they disagree also, we can live on our own. They have to accept the fact anyways. Otherwise they'll lose their precious daughter. I know you trust me!"
"I am confused."
"There're so many girls here, but I never liked anyone except you. You're the one for me. Please tell me that you love me."
"Do you really love me that much?"
"I love you more than I love my mom or any living soul on this earth."
"Will you keep me happy throughout?"
"Whatever I do will be for our happiness only. We'll have a blast always. Trust me. I really love you that much."
"I'm afraid that I'm the only daughter to my parents and I'd have to leave them for you. But I too have realized that I love you."
"I knew it darling! I knew it! Uff. Even my parents might lose their only daughter!" SHE replied.

12 comments:

Raveesh Mayya said...

Ha ha. Nice one bugger. You missed adding one line in the end.

And hence the two lived happy n GAY forever.

akshatha said...

uff...
oh god.......
what a script(story) yaar...
i was fully into the story thinking its btn a girl n a guy

hats off for the wonderful script...

n tel ur frnd its lesbian story not gay...

Madhura Puranik said...

Goood one! Very different and unique thought!

Vikas said...

kahani mein twist????? cool..
but the lines "A treasure worth........" r really good...

suhas said...

cool story maga...let them enjoy the BOY-TOY!!!!!

Unknown said...

First I thought how much u drag story ...
after a while it was little interesting ..
later it was damm curious..
then......

I just burst out of laugh....Awesome ending....

Nice one buddy keep rocking....

akhil ms said...

ufff..
nice one dude...
first i thought its going to b a true love story..
but at last d major twist...
nice story buddy ..

Manasa Puranik said...

Ufff.... Wat a story!!!! Wat a twist.... Good one. Had fun reading it... Keep it up :)

sahana said...

wooww yasshh... its splendid.. luuved it.. keep writing more..

madhuri kodur said...

woh...thats mind blowing man...
ha a twisted ending,u remembed me O.henry ya....2 gud
keep writing...

VaibhavPai said...

Good one buddy!! Was thinking all along it was your story at Kamat Bugle Rock Restnt.!! Ha Ha :) Rock on!!! :-)

Yashaswini said...

Good one :)